Geeks In Your Home
The Geeks welcome [Jesse Wilkins|http://www.wilkinsconsulting.us/], a professional geek servicing the Central Coast of California. If you need a professional geek to help you out, Jesse is your man. The Geeks also discuss the week’s tech news and take your questions and comments on technology.
! Jesse Wilkins
[2008_01_26_jesse_wilkins_300w.jpg|You can visit Jesse’s website at http://www.wilkinsconsulting.us/ , send him an email to (wilkinsconsulting at hotmail.com), or call him at (831) 588-4319.]
- [Roxio|http://www.roxio.com/] Easy CD Creator allows you to record music from outside sources, and it also removes pop and hiss from vinyl.
- Think Geek has a [ION|http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/mp3/90a0] USB turn table from Ion.
- Jesse recommends [Data Backup 3|http://www.prosofteng.com/products/data_backup_info.php?PHPSESSID=a56b9ecbc4d1a76711af13a2f3ec04ff] , is a utility that allows you to backup, restore and synchronize data with minimal effort.
- Lyle uses [Super Duper|http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/] that supports the syncing of two drives. SuperDuper allows users to creat a fully bootable backup, and it uses a friendly interface.
- Caller Maureen recommends [MP3Gain|http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/] for normalizing the audio on MP3 files. If you’re tired of having to manually adjust the audio level of every song, you should check this out.